How to Reclaim St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick is one of the best known Catholics Saints. His feast day is celebrated by the secular world as well as Catholics. St. Patrick’s feast day may best known for beer. Lots and lots of beer. As a matter of fact, if today you were to google images of St. Patrick’s Day, well let’s just say that you better have a parental control filter installed.
Even good Catholics forget to remember that the holy man purged Paganism from Ireland.
“St. Patrick’s Breast-Plate” is said to have been composed by St. Patrick in preparation for this victory over Paganism. This helps describe the man that is St. Patrick. Here is a portion of his powerful prayer.
This does not sound like a man who would endorse most of the parties that celebrate his name. Would littering be the proper way to celebrate Earth Day? Neither is rowdy drunkenness the way to celebrate St. Patrick’s feast day. Sure, have a green beer, but avoid the secular shenanigans.
I am sure St. Patrick is honored to be honored, but not by the way our society does it today. So how should we honor St. Patrick’s Day? Here are five suggestions.
- Go to Mass! Offer the mass to the reparation of sins that will happen on this day. This is the best way to honor a man such as St. Patrick.
- Say a Novena to Saint Patrick. Click here to for the Saint Patrick Novena.
- Learn more about the Life of Saint Patrick.
- Say the prayer we have listed to the right. An amazing prayer that is a portion from the “St. Patrick’s Breast-Plate.”
- Do Not Wear St. Patty’s Beer Shirts. Please go with a Catholic Alternative that truly honors the Saint and the way he lived his life. Click here to get $5 off of a St. Patrick t-shirt. Order now and they will get here before St. Patrick’s Day.
Saint Patrick, Pray for us!
by Dan Quinn: You can find him at the Immaculation Conception of Mary Facebook Community Page. Please like his page.